Friday, June 3, 2022

A bird in the hand ...

I'm sure you have heard that old saying.  Well, how many have actually had a bird in the hand. 

The grandkids were on "track out" recently and we were all looking for something to do for an afternoon with them.  Outside of North Carolina, there probably aren't many people who have heard of the Sylvan Heights Bird Sanctuary, but it is quite a place.  Such a collection of birds I have not seen in my lifetime .

So it was Pam and me, D,D,Q,H,and V, along with Randy and Margaret, and what an afternoon.  

There were large areas for the birds to be in -- not in little cages such as you might see in other places. One particular attraction was a really large area where people could walk around with the birds, where the visitors could buy special popsicle sticks coated with peanut butter and bird seed.  The birds would fly down and eat the seed and sit on your fingers, shoulders, head, and even your shoes.


This was a pretty good afternoon with the family. We learned a lot -- especially that little yellow birds really love to try to eat the little button on the top of your ball cap. 

When I went in that area, I had a white ball cap on.  When I came out, I had a white ball cap on that had a big yellow-greenish mess on it.  At least I had a hat on!!

A bird doesn't sing because he has an answer, he sings because he has a song

Source: https://quotepark.com/quotes/857047-joan-walsh-anglund-a-bird-doesnt-sing-because-he-has-an-answer-he-s/

"A bird doesn't sing because he has an answer, he sings because he has a song."(Joan Walsh Anglund)

Hooah

No comments: