Sunday, January 26, 2020

50 Years ! ... Part 4 (Hoofbeats and Beach bums) ...

Anyone who knows my wife also knows how much she likes  horses.

She loves to feed them, to rub their noses, to talk to them, ride them, look at pictures of them -- you get the idea.  So when we went to Boyne Mountain for our 50th and saw that they had stables and trail riding, well .......... yep.  You got it.  We were in for a morning of riding around the countryside of the Michigan mountains.  What a treat.













We got to ride through woods, up and down the mountain trails, through meadows and along part of one of the golf courses.  We saw lots of birds, deer and other little critters.  And depending on where you were in the "horse train," you got to see the back side of horses quite a bit.

I had a pretty big horse and Pam got a smaller one.  I'm not sure if the handlers just recognized the potential of my obvious horse mastery and skills at riding and gave me this big horse.  But I think it might have been more of them looking at my waistline and taking mercy on the smaller horses.  In any event, I was able to really enjoy the ride from my perch above the low  branches.
                                                                                                         

And then came the afternoon at the beach.

They had a pretty nice lake located in the vicinity of the stables and the golf course pro shop.  There was also a very nice dining area there.   We ate lunch and then decided to relax on the beach before having to head back home.  The sunshine was pretty nice but the water was pretty cold so I took a little nap there while Pam took some walks up and down the sandy shore.
















I don't want to sound like a spokesman for the Boyne Mountain bureau of tourism, but what a GREAT time this was and what a GREAT place.  We really had a super time and were well taken care of.  And what a GREAT LADY I had to share this with.  Of course I highly recommend a few days there -- and don't forget your clubs!!

An anniversary is a time to celebrate the joys of today, the memories of yesterday, and the hopes of tomorrow. (Anon.)

Hooah

No comments: