Sunday, January 19, 2020

50 years! ... Part 2 (Fore!) ...

I guess the old saying, "what goes around, comes around" can be used in a lot of different ways.  Take for instance, what would you say if I told you that I actually got to play golf on our honeymoon.  You are absolutely correct -- why not play golf on your 50th anniversary too!! Thus, what went around came around.  And both times, my loving bride went with me in the cart and we had a good time (well she said she did).

On the honeymoon (we actually went to Wheeling Downs -- yep, we sure were young pups then) the course was a par three that was inside the race track, kinda like the one that is inside the track at the Indianapolis Speedway (although I have never been to that one to say for sure).  The course I played at Boyne Mountain was nothing like that one.  There were two courses on this site and both of them started at the top of the ski mountain and then wound down the slopes, through woods, beautiful meadows, across creeks and eventually down to the flats at the bottom. I only played the one course, but what a beautiful afternoon.  There were deer wandering across the fairways, beautiful flowers surrounding the tee boxes and intermittently along the fairways, various kinds of birds, and things.  The way the course was laid out, we never saw other golfers other than at the starting tee and the last two holes on the flats.  I really love playing these kinds of courses.  Michigan has lots of these kinds of courses to play and I would suggest that some future version of our "man trip" look that way instead of coming south.



Pretty good practice swing, huh ?  (Yes, I know the ball is still on the ground -- it was a practice swing).

(Golf) ... "A passion, an obsession, a romance, a nice acquaintanceship with trees, sand, and water."  (Bob Ryan)

Hooah

No comments: