Sunday, February 15, 2009

I hear you calling...

Following our weekend trip to New York earlier this month, we spent another day with an agent, looking at more real estate, concentrating on the Delaware Water Gap area in Pennsylvania -- specifically looking in the boroughs of Milford, Stroudsburg, East Stroudsburg, as well as Bethlehem and Nazareth Townships. The latter are outlying areas of the towns of those names. These Townships are pretty nice areas and have lots of things to offer -- shopping, community events and festivals, downtowns, modern hospitals, and are all within 1-2 hours of Brooklyn (depending on traffic). Some other things they all have in common are the beautiful scenery and proximity to fishing, golfing and other recreation venues.

The creek shown here is called The Bushkill. It is very cold and a pretty swift creek with a mixture of river rocks for a bottom. I'll bet there are some pretty good sized fish in there. I don't know how people there fish it -- using a fly rod or bait casting, but I think I'll have to find out. The trees on the sides could be a problem to normal fly fishing, but I guess roll casting would do the trick.

Now that I have a better idea of what fishing opportunities really look like over there, I'll have to do some "'splorin and practicin" so that when Quinn is big enough to go with me, I'll know how to open this up to him.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. (Babylonian Proverb)

Hooah

No comments: