Monday, September 15, 2008

Update on the Quinn...

"God gave us memories that we might have roses in December." J.M. Barrie (Courage, 1922) If that's true, we are sure storing up lots of roses now as we snap up every little scrap of information, every insight we can get about this newcomer to our family. We're like sponges.

My normal day starts out by checking e-mail channels primarily to see if there are any of the following:
* news on our grandson, Quinn, and/or
* new pictures of him.
After that I also look for any real estate listings from agents in the Milford, PA area (where we contemplate a possible relocation to be closer to them), and any news on some of my Army buds returning from their year in Iraq. But first things first.

Being somewhat new at this grandparent thing, I admit to checking at least three times a day. Pam, on the other hand, checks before she goes to work and at some time in the evening. However, she's relying on me to monitor the situation during the day and give her a full briefing when she gets home from work. I don't know if there are any rules or protocols on the frequency of checking, but I do know if new pictures pop up on their album, I print them off right away so she can update her "Grandma Book." And honestly... we both try very hard to avoid falling into the "grandparent" syndrome of readily whipping out a wallet filled with at least 50 or so pictures of the little guy. But I was a boy scout once.

Besides...how could anyone not get fired up about getting pictures of this little guy!!

Grandchildren are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.

Hooah

No comments: