Friday, November 5, 2021

Beautiful music ... what a break ...

My friend Dave sent me this link. 

According to the description on the link, over 600 military musicians from 11 nations came together to perform this rendition of the song, Unchained Melody.  This performance took place at the Musicshow of the Nations in Bremen, Germany.

Unchained Melody was written in 1955 and served as the theme for a little-known prison film that year titled "Unchained." Todd Duncan sang the song for the movie, but most people know it as the song made famous by the Righteous Brothers. 

Click on this link from the Musicshow of the Nations and enjoy.  Unchained Melody 

This link takes you to the Righteous Brothers version of the song. Righteous Brothers version

Another version that was really popular was done in the film, GhostGhost

All of these links are listed on the YouTube site and you can go there to see many other fine renditions of these and other great, memorable songs ... especially for those of you who grew up in the 50s, 60s and 70s. 

And speaking of the 50s and 60s, I came across the picture below as I was looking through some of my notes and quotes.   And I thought as long as we are looking back, most of you who were pre-teens in the 50s would remember what time they had to be in at night when they were growing up back then and would get a kick out of this.  Kinda goes with the mood of the song.

“The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes.” (Frank Lloyd Wright)
Hooah

1 comment:

Poolpatcher said...

I've listened to that 3 times...