Thursday, February 4, 2021

A promise made is a promise kept ...

The weather here in the Tar Heel state recently has been almost as bad as it is back in Ohio  -- cold, LOTS of rain (as opposed to snow, sorry Dave) and not a lot of sunny, warm days. Hey .......... Mr. Chamber of Commerce --------------what's going on here? I can only take so many days of sitting in the house reading WWII books. 

So, I told myself on Monday that I needed to break out of this funk and promised myself that without fail, some time this week, I would at least hit a "bucket of balls" (I like throwing throw around those cool golf terms.). I figured between that and watching the PGA players on their California swing, I could make it through the next month and be ready to go in the spring. 

Well, around noon today, it was 55 degrees and sunny; but it was quickly starting to fade and the forecast for the rest of the week was calling for VERY cold and SNOW!  I know -- this is North Carolina.  What's up with that? 

So I made the promise and I intended to keep it -- even if the end result is, well, kind of different from what one would expect. Here I am hitting a bucket of balls!  Great form, huh?

You know, I have been playing some form of golf since I was 15 years old.  That's 57 years ago and it's amazing to me that I have played any game that long and am still scoring almost the same today as I did back then.  Either I was good at 15 or I haven't improved a lick.

“Golf is a puzzle without an answer. I’ve played the game for 50 years and I still haven’t the slightest idea of how to play.”  (Gary Player)

Hooah

(P.S.  OK.  The swing isn't that good -- rolled my wrist, hips way out in front, bad weight shift .... But at least I hit a "bucket of balls.")

1 comment:

Poolpatcher said...

Well, at lease you didn't kick the bucket!!!