Tuesday, December 1, 2020

The 12 Days of Christmas in the South ...

It's getting close to Christmas and I thought it might be helpful if I shared with you an adaptation of that old seasonal favorite, "The 12 Days of Christmas." So before you get "Lords a leapin'" and "Golden Rings" stuck in your head for a week or so, check this list out to see how this works in the South...

12 Chickens fryin'

11 footballs flyin'

10 porch swings swayin'

9 preachers prayin'

8 hunters huntin'

7 pick-ups honkin'

6 biscuits bakin'

5 mason jars for drinkin'

4 fireflies glowin'

3 jugs o' sweet tea brewin'

2 "Bless yo Heart, darlin'"

and ...

a blossom in a Magnolia Treeeeeeeee.

This is just another part of my education upon moving to North Carolina.  So far, we have really enjoyed this major, major change in our lives -- especially at our advanced age. If you would like to review some of the things I have already learned following our move, pull up my entry from January 30, 2020 ("Time for a little culture, y'all")

“Did you ever notice that life seems to follow certain patterns? Like I noticed that every year around this time, I hear Christmas music.” (Tom Sims)

Hooah

1 comment:

Poolpatcher said...

Thanks Mike...now I'll have that jingle banging around in my head the rest of the day! Great to "The Old Retired Guy" is back to writing!