Tuesday, December 17, 2019

I'm Back...

WOW....... I just looked at the date of the last post I did.  I have been a neglectful blogger this past year.  Not that I have vegetated all that time.  Far from it.  I have been extremely busy and have had a lot on my plate.  So somewhere in there is a not-so-legitimate excuse for just being old-fashioned lazy.  Well, now that things have settled down a bit, I intend to catch everyone (at least anyone who still might have the fortitude to check back in after over a year away) up on the things that have been going on.

Over the next 15 to 20 entries or so, and not in the correct timeline,  I will detail my travels, our move, the sale of our beloved house on McCartyville Road, the loss of family and friends, the adventures of consolidating Veteran groups into one canteen building, my travels abroad, the trials of learning a new phone operating system, and so much more.

So let's get started.

This picture shows us with the U-Haul on the morning of our move.  What you don't see is the moving van stuffed to the gills with "stuff." The key thing here is the snow and ice ...this is early November.  More on this later.

This is a picture of the Saturday of this year's Army-Navy game.  Thought I would put my flag out and let the neighbors know just who they were dealing with.  Sounds tough!! Didn't last long though.
Oh well.  I soothed my bashed ego by going golfing a couple of days later (65 degrees and sunny). So that's just a little taste of what's ahead.

"Truly great friends and places are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”  (Annon.)

Hooah

P.S.  Guess what ... they actually have pizza delivery where we live now.  GOLLLLYYY!!!


1 comment:

Poolpatcher said...

It's about time the blog was updated! I've checked it every week for a year and was happy to finally see this post. Looking forward to seeing more posts on your (and Pam's) new adventure!