Sunday, August 6, 2017

Pioneer woman at it again...

Just catching up on some of my old pictures and post ideas from earlier this spring.

As you know, I spend a great deal of time out by the fire ring -- some weeks at least 3-4 times, especially during the early summer and early fall.  Sometimes, I feel that between that and cutting the grass and fishing, the neighbors think those are the only things I do around here.  Hmmmmm ... they might be right.

But enjoying the peace of the fire ring doesn't come without some work on the front end.  It seems I have to order my firewood early in the spring, before the farmers get out into the fields.  My wood guy has a farming business which has him spraying fields for a number of people.  He is pretty much busy 24/7 for a while and if I don't get my order in and delivered before he hits the fields, it might be some time in June before he gets around to me.  So anyway -- this is what everything looks like once he delivers and after I split it all once.

Now it is time to take all of this back to the woodpile and stack it.  That's where the pioneer woman came into the picture.  She helped me load the wagon and then she would drive it to the back yard where I would stack it.  What a team !
Pretty good looking wood pile, huh ?  This was in March I think.

So here is an update -- it is now August and that wood is pretty much down to the last row.  Might need to get another load so I will make it through the fall.  Won't use it all, but it won't spoil being out there all winter.  Besides -- who knows -- maybe we'll have a mid-winter wiener roast or need a fire to keep warm while we're trying ice fishing again.  Stay tuned.

Old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Athenaeus)

Hooah

No comments: