Thursday, April 28, 2016

Published...just in case...

When I started my blogging back in 2007 I always thought that I would like to have a hard copy of all of my writings someday.  Not that I didn't trust the electronic gods to preserve my work, but I am one of those people who likes to have something in my hands to read, reread and think about .  I also didn't want to count on some electronic nook or cranny saving my work.  So, I spent several weeks copying my entries, putting them in a binder by chapters, and printing them.  I did this with a sense of urgency -- something not to be put off because you never know when something is beyond your ability to recall and recount. I guess I am just selfish enough to not want my life to be lost in some pool of ones and zeros somewhere.

I now have a printed -- published (well, sort of) copy of everything since the beginning. Here's what it looks like.  Probably the only place you will see these books.

I'm actually kinda proud of this accomplishment. I know you cannot tell from this picture, but these binders are each 3.5" thick. I plan to pass these on to my son and grand children at some time down the road. Some of them are pretty good.  I hope they like them. 

Everybody needs his memories. They keep the wolf of insignificance from the door.  (Saul Bellow)

Hooah

No comments: