Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas 2015, Part 3 of 3...


On Saturday evening, we sent up to Lima to spend the evening at Chuck and Mary's house.  All of their kids and grand kids were there.  Busy place.

It seems that Mary had asked Chuck to play his sax for everyone.  He used to play in high school and was a member of a jazz group at the school.  Mary said this was one of the things on her wish list, so Chuck got out the music stand (which he said had not been put up for 30 years or so) and his sax and got an accompaniment disc that he could play thru his TV and entertained all in attendance.  The kids were amazed and the adults were impressed.  Good job, Chuck.
Oh, yeah, one other thing...we were also impressed that Chuck didn't need oxygen after holding one of those notes for a while.

Later on, the younger ones were playing a game that ultimately ends up with someone getting pie (or in our case, whipped cream)  in the face.  It looked like fun, so I violated one of my cardinal rules and volunteered to try it.  I spun the wheel and got a "5" and began turning the crank/release mechanism.  As it got to the fifth click, I had not been hit by the quickly melting cream.  I counted myself lucky and prepared to get up from the chair.  Notice the smile on my face.  Well, hold that thought...
because that short bit of luck was quickly erased as I was shamed into another try.  Luckily, the wheel came up with a "2" and I figured I would escape again.  WRONG-O!! After looking at these pictures, I have no idea how that whipped cream missed a nose that big, but I sure was glad it did.

Fun night.  Kinda glad that part of the joy of Christmas is celebrating with children, regardless of how big or old they are.

He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.  (Anon.)

Hooah

No comments: