Sunday, August 4, 2013

Hi-ooo Silver ----- Away...

Last month, my little sister turned 60.  Now, I could pen a few lines about old people, and senior discounts and blue hair.  But, last time I checked, both my brother and I were older than she and I don't really consider myself old yet (despite the fact that I now own a medicare card!!).  Sooooo, I guess she's off the hook for now.

Have you ever noticed how older people always seem to retreat to times they were more comfortable in, to times they really enjoyed...to times they think they remember and were happy in.  Well, my sister decided on her birthday to have all of the family go horseback riding with her.  She had horses back home when we were growing up.  Her first pony was a short one -- or so it seemed.  I got on it once and my feet were on the ground. But the horse was just the right size for her.  The ones we rode over at a riding stable by Bellefontaine were all bigger horses, but you'll see a picture of me on my horse and it still looks like I'm too big for it.

It was a really fun day.  Rain and storms pretty much dominated the morning, but cleared out for the afternoon -- just when we were to ride.  Although there was a great deal of mud and standing water still on the trails, the horses didn't mind and we had a great time.  Here are some pictures from that day.

Guess who won the stilt walking contest?  Medicare'll cover this, right?

The birthday girl.

Is this the cavalry or a bunch of lost tourists?

This gives you an idea of the mud and standing water left from the morning storms.

I know this is showing the best part, but does this picture make my butt look big?

Now here's a good lookin' cow girl.

Hey, Luke, the trails are over here.

We're just lined up waiting for the light to change.

Hey, Luke, put another quarter in it and head this way.
All kidding aside, it was a really fun time.  Probably what made it that way was that it was all of our family doing something together.  We don't do enough of that.

Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.
 Hooah

No comments: