Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sorry about that...

If any of you signed on yesterday or today, you got a rude little Trojan Horse warning. I hope everyone had their anti-virus up and running. Anyway, it appears someone hijacked my site for a while. I was up till 0300 Sunday morning trying to attack it as a virus problem or a spyware issue.

Doug, our son, called tonight to tell me what the issue was -- hijackers!! He told me how to fix it, but I couldn't find on the tool bar the area he mentioned, so I went into the help section and typed my problem in the "search" section. It seems there has been a rash of these events recently and there were lots of them a while back. Fortunately, the "blogger" site has guys who police their area and write help articles so people can fix the problems they find.

My "fix" was as simple as deleting the cool gadgets (ball clock, fish pond, calendar and counter) one at a time and clearing the cache each time until the Trojan horse went away. What a pain. I remember when the biggest problem I had with electronics was someone listening in on the party line when I was making a phone call (some of you will remember party line phones out in the country in the 50s), or my sister listening in on an extension phone when I talked to friends at night.

Anyway, sorry about the hassle. Glad my son got me on the right path. I'll get back to the entries in a bit. I still owe you all lots of stories.

In God we trust, all others we virus scan.

Hooah

No comments: