Thursday, August 14, 2008

I could have been a rich guy...

I'm sure a great many of you have had an opportunity or two in your life to become rich. Sometimes we recognize how good a deal this proposal could turn out to be and reap vast amounts of cash. Other times we miss the boat.

Well, in the last month, I have had at least 10 opportunities to become one of the most rich and famous people in the country, or at least in this corner of Ohio. It seems that had I only believed in the generosity of the kind and loving people from Ireland, England and Pakistan, I could have raked in millions of British Pounds, Euros, Irish Pounds (or whatever they were paying off in) and several million whatevers from Pakistan. Imagine how fortunate I felt to find out that my e-mail address had been randomly chosen from all the e-mail addresses in the world for a British lottery, and all I had to do was supply certain bank details from my personal accounts to them to complete the transfer of the funds (I know which way the funds were going to be transferred!!) . All the others were pretty close to the same kind of operation. I would also have thought that such highly esteemed financial organizations (never did get the names of the companies, just a bunch of letters -- LLC, etc.) would have been able to write letters in correct English. Reminds me of the old saying, "I was certainly born in the dark, but it wasn't yesterday."

The one I really liked was the one "from" the Director of the FBI himself , who wanted to give me a fully paid credit card for $500,000 for helping him solve a particular problem he was having with foreign internet fraud artists. All I had to do to get the card was send him a $5,000 transaction fee which would be partially refunded in six months. I'll bet none of you have ever received a personally written note from the Director!!!

Oh well, I guess I wasn't fast enough, or didn't demonstrate my good faith to them, because I haven't gotten my 15th Final Notice of winning yet. Too bad!!

“The trouble isn't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning isn't distributed right.” (Mark Twain)

Hooah

No comments: